2. Staffing: any applications for alternative licenses or foreign visas will be approved and signed by the Superintendent prior to submission . Very obvious, the school board will not accept an unusual amount of h1-b Visa unqualified teachers from Turkey. Meaning……..interview and hire American teachers there are plenty who have been laid off. (100% of the Gulen Charter Schools have Turkish men as principals)
3. Transparency: governing board agendas and minutes, all staff assignments and bios, as well as curriculum, policies, and events will be posted on the school's website in a timely fashion. Minutes will be specific and not generic and part of the public information, as we have stated some of these Charter Schools have drowned out non-Turkish members and have not posted their meeting minutes.
4. Leadership: the principal of the charter school will be required to attend all Knox County Schools (KCS) principal meetings and professional development sessions A nice way of saying don’t think you are only going to hire a Turkish Male as Principal.
5. Accountability: the KCS will conduct a thorough budget, operational, and programmatic review of the charter school each year. Any specific deficiencies that are identified (and affirmed by the Board of Education) will be required to be addressed by the charter school within 90 days No hanky panky with government money paying for Turkish Olympiads, trips to Turkey, h1-B visas or other nonsense like $200,000 in marketing.
6. Location: the Board of Education will have the right to approve or reject proposals for a school location, including any future re-location The school board already rejected 5 proposal sites, maybe they will find one in time to get the school built in Fall 2012 or maybe they will have to re- apply the charter application (wink-wink)
7. Curriculum: Knoxville Charter Academy will develop and submit to the KCS for approval a viable curriculum for the middle school component of the KCA No Turkish Character Classes, No Turkish Language Class, etc.,
8. Finance: the KCA will conduct a public bid for required audit services; and the sponsor will submit a revised budget in which expenditures do not exceed revenues in any year See #5 and please……..no private loans from the brothers
9. Climate: the Knoxville Charter Academy will develop and implement a viable structure (subject to KCS approval) to support students with chronic disciplinary issues =you will not lock students in closets, or cream the poor performing students out. You WILL learn how to accommodate Special Needs students they after all have rights too.
10. Transportation: a viable transportation strategy must be developed and implemented (subject to KCS approval) that will appropriately support the target population of students. Near a public bus stop or within walking distance to majority of students.
The Knox County Board of Education will consider an application Monday night to form the region's first charter school.
The Iris Education Foundation is proposing to create the Knoxville Charter Academy for students in kindergarten through eighth grade. Board members previously denied the application, but it has been re-submitted for their consideration.
Five locations are proposed for the school; the old Oakwood Elementary School in North Knoxville, a retail-commercial space in Broadway Square Shopping Center along North Broadway, the former Food Lion on Oak Ridge Highway, an office space on Middlebrook Pike, and a retail-commercial space in Chapman Commons along Chapman Highway.
HERE IS WHERE THE PROJECTED SCHOOL AND FOUNDATION TALKS ABOUT THEIR TURKISH CULTURE AND TIES TO OTHER GULEN SCHOOLS: http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2010/dec/10/foundation-drives-new-charter-academy-focuses-math/
|Memphis School of Excellence students with teachers at the Houston Turkish Festival|
American students wearing Turkish T-Shirts - This makes Gulen very happy
|Memphis School of Excellence on expensive bus to Houston Turkish Festival|
What did this expense fall under "extra curricular?"